GATE Full Form: All you need to Know: All of you must have heard about the GATE exam. The GATE exam is one of the toughest exams in India. Just like IIT, JEE is the exam for 12th class students. Similarly, there is a GATE exam for engineering and graduation students.
Any student who is pursuing graduation or in engineering or science. GATE exam is very important for them. Through the GATE exam, they can get into very famous colleges and companies.
GATE Full Form
Today, most engineering students are preparing for the GATE exam because through the GATE exam you will get admission to the most famous college in our country. And jobs can be found in the biggest companies in our country. Apart from this, you can get admission to a foreign university with a good scholarship. So you can get an idea of how important the GATE exam is for engineering students.
Today we will know some important points of the GATE exam and it is very important to know these points, these points will help a lot in your GATE exam preparation.
When we are going to prepare for any exam, we should take every related information about that exam because it helps us a lot in preparing for that exam. Do it and make your hard work successful.
What is GATE Exam?
GATE exam is one of the exams through which engineering students take admission in the post-graduation. GATE exam is one of the toughest exams in our country every year lakhs of students give this exam and in these only 10 to 15% of students are successful.
Read Also – IIT Full Form: What is IIT?
Through the GATE exam, you can do your master’s degree in many famous engineering colleges in our country. Gates exam is the national level examination of our country, through which you can get admission in the famous college of our country for post-graduation courses and Ph.D.
Through the GATE exam, the ability of college students is revealed, in this exam, very conceptual questions are asked from you. The responsibility of conducting the GATE exam rests with the most famous engineering colleges and science institutes of our country.
Gate is Conducted By
The Gate exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISC), IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi, IIT Mumbai, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati by all these reputed institutes.
After clearing the GATE, you get admission in IITs and IIMs for MTech.
Read Also – PCS Full Form: All You Need to Know About PCS
The GATE score is valid for the next 3 years i.e. if you have scored very good marks this year and you don’t want to take admission in college this year then you can take admission to a good college next year based on that.
There is no limit to the number of times you can give the GATE exam after graduation. For the admission of international students, this exam has started being conducted in other countries for some years such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Ethiopia, United, Arab, Emirates is conducted in these countries so that the students of these countries can also go to college in India.
How To Fill Form For Gate Exam?
You can apply for the GATE by visiting the official website of the GATE exam.
- For girls and reserved category and disabled students, the fee for the form is Rs 750.
- The form fee for boys is Rs 1500.
- For the International candidates, this form fee is 50 USD.
Note: Fee may vary or change.
Read Also – NCC Full Form: What is NCC?
Benefits of Gate Exam
- Through GATE score, students get admission in many prestigious colleges of our country for post-graduation programs, through this exam you get admission in all IITs of our country and admission to the Indian Institute of Science.
- Through the GATE exam, you get admission to the master of engineering, master of technology, doctor of philosophy in these courses.
- By scoring a good GATE score in the GATE, you get an interview call directly from the prestigious PSU (Public Sector Unit) of our country, that is, you get a dream job in the PSU on the basis of your marks of this exam.
- In which you can get a package of up to 15 lakhs or more in the beginning and many other facilities are also available.
- With a GATE score, you get admission to many foreign universities such as Aachen University (Germany), Technical University of Munich (Germany), Nanyang technical university Singapore, National University of Singapore.
- These very famous universities of all the world can get admission to these universities with good scholarships through the GATE exam.
- Through the Gate exam, you get admission to the IIMS fellowship program. And you will get a stipend ranging from 35000 to ₹ 40000 every month or higher.
- Through the Gate exam, you get admission to reputed institutes like NITIE MUMBAI. This college is one of the best industrial engineering manufacturing management project management colleges in our country.
Read Also – BSC Full Form: What is BSC?
- For the GATE exam, you have to speak the 12th maths science subject with 60% marks.
- For the GATE exam, you have to take a degree in engineering i.e. BTech from a recognized university or college.
- GATE exam can also be given by students who have a bachelor’s degree in a subject like maths physics.
- If you want to do a Ph.D. through the GATE exam, then for this you have to do a master’s degree from a good and recognized university in any science branch, mathematics, statistics, computer applications.
- There is no age limit fixed for giving this exam. After your graduation, you can give this exam many times till any age.
Gate Exam Pattern
GATE exam is one of the toughest exams in our country, in this, you can be asked all the questions related to engineering subject. In the Gate exam, you are asked 100 questions and out of them, some questions are of objective type while some questions are of numerical type.
- In the GATE exam, 15 marks questions are asked from Engineering Mathematics.
- And Asked questions from General Aptitude for 15 marks.
- In the GATE exam, questions of 70 to 72 marks are asked from the core branch. In the branch from which you have done engineering or graduation, you are asked questions of 70 marks from the same subject.
- The General aptitude questions are remain common for all students of all streams. In this, your analytics skills are seen.
- In Gate exams, some are deducted for giving wrong answers to objective questions i.e. negative marking is also there.
Gate Exam Core Subject
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineer
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Architecture and Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Ecology and Evolution
- Petroleum Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Geology and Geophysics
- Textile Engineering and Fiber Science
- Engineering Science
- Life Science
Note: This post is only for informational purposes. Maybe Some data is changed by time or wrong. In this case, We are not responsible. So For better Knowledge of the GATE. Please Visit the Official Websites.
Read Also – SSC Full Form: What is SSC Exam?