Windows 11 has just been unveiled by Microsoft, and it truly heralds a new era for Windows as a desktop operating system. Well designed with new UI elements, Windows 11 will be a favorite among users who wanted a minimalist and clean user experience. So if you’re going to check if your Windows 10 PC can run Windows 11, then go through our quick guide below. Microsoft has launched a small PC Health Check app that lets you check your PC’s compatibility for the upcoming Windows 11 update.
Check If Your Windows 10 PC Can Run Windows 11
As we mentioned earlier, Windows 11 will be available for free to Windows 10 users, but there are some specific system requirements that you need to check. Also, we are not sure whether Windows 7 users will get the Windows 11 update, but make sure to read the tutorial below to know the eligibility of your PC.
- Go ahead and download the PC Health Check app (Free) on your Windows PC.
- Now, install the PC Health Check app and launch it.
- On the top, you will find a banner saying “Introducing Windows 11”. Click on “Check Now” to see if your PC is compatible with Windows 11.
- Within a few seconds, the PC Health Check app will let you know if your PC meets the system requirement to run Windows 11.
Minimum System Requirements for Windows 11
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: TPM Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
Find Out If Your Computer Can Run Windows 11
So this is how you can quickly check eligibility for Windows 11 update on your PC. As mentioned above, Windows 11 supports only 64-bit processors, requires TPM 2.0, UEFI support, and at least 4 GB of RAM. That said, hold your breath as we look for new ways to run Windows 11 on non-supported Windows computers. So is your computer eligible to receive Windows 11 updates? Let us know in the comment section below.