Disable Autofill in Google Chrome: Most web browsers, including Google Chrome, offer an autofill option to quickly fill in details like login credentials, name, address, payment methods, etc. This is a very convenient feature that lets you easily fill in these details at the time of signing up while filling the forms. For a few cases, if we are using our browser or switching to another browser, it is advisable to remove autofill details from Chrome.
It is quite easy to remove or edit these autofill details on the Google Chrome browser. Here is a step-by-step guide on Disable Autofill in Google Chrome? on desktop and mobile.
Disable Autofill in Google Chrome on the Desktop/PC
You can use Chrome on your Desktop/PC to check saved autofill details and disable them. Follow the below steps to remove autofill details from your Chrome browser.
- Open Google Chrome browser on your Desktop/PC.
- Make sure to sign in using your Google Account login details.
- Now tap on the three-dot menu on the top right corner and click on Settings.
- Here head to the Autofill section which is neatly divided into three parts – Passwords, Payment methods, Addresses, and more.
- Click on Addresses and more, and you will see all the saved addresses here. These can be your frequently used addresses on shopping sites.
- Now, tap on the three-dot menu next to it and select Edit to change the description or Remove to remove it from Chrome.
After making the necessary changes or deleting the address, go back to the Autofill menu and select payment methods now. You should not save your payment details on a web browser. However, if you’ve added your card information on Chrome, you can remove it from here.
Read Also – The importance of technology in education
Tap the three-dot menu next to the saved card’s information to edit or remove the details. You can also change or delete the default payment method, change or remove card details from the menu.
Disable Autofill in Google Chrome on Android App
You can follow these steps to edit or remove autofill details on Google Chrome on Android.
- Open the Google Chrome app on Android.
- Tap on the three-dot menu above and go to Settings.
- You will see all these familiar options in Settings.
- Here tap on Payment Methods and delete card details from the menu.
- Tap on Addresses and more and select the address and tap on Delete at the bottom.
It is also recommended to check and delete saved passwords in Chrome if you are transferring them or someone else is using them. Check out our detailed guide to remove saved passwords from Chrome.
Disable Autofill in Google Chrome on iPhone
- Disable Autofill in Google Chrome on iPhone
- Follow the steps below to remove autofill details on Chrome for iPhone.
- Open the Chrome app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the three-dot menu at the bottom and go to Settings.
- Autofill details are on the menu.
- Tap on Payment Methods and delete the saved card details.
- Now tap on Addresses and more and select the address and tap on Delete.
When you switch from Google Chrome to another web browser, you can also export login details to the new browser.