Now there is no need for you to fill out the two-page application form for a PAN card and wait for a few days. The Income Tax Department has launched the facility to issue an Instant Permanent Account Number (PAN) for taxpayers.
Now any person can generate instant PAN online absolutely free of cost within 10 minutes with the help of his Aadhaar number. In the instant e-PAN card application form, all you need to do is enter your Aadhaar number after which an OTP will be sent to your linked mobile phone number to complete the e-KYC process.
Permanent Account Number (PAN) will be issued to the applicant in PDF format within 10 minutes. Although e-PAN is as valid as the physical copy, you can also get a laminated PAN card by ordering a reprint of the PAN card for Rs.50.
How to apply for Instant PAN Card?
- First of all go to the e-filing portal of Income Tax Department and click on “Quick Links” given on the left side in “Instant PAN through Aadhaar” section.
- After that click on “Get New PAN” on the new page.
- Enter your Aadhaar number for new PAN card and generate OTP on your Aadhaar linked mobile phone by entering Captcha code.
- Authenticate the OTP.
- Authenticate the details of Aadhaar.
- You will also have the option to authenticate the e-mail ID for PAN card application.
- The e-KYC data of that Aadhaar number will be shared with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) after which you will get an instant PAN. This whole process will not take more than 10 minutes.
- You can download your PAN in PDF format, for this you need to submit your Aadhaar number on “Check Status/ Download PAN”.
- If your e-mail ID is registered with Aadhar number, then you will also get PAN in PDF format through e-mail.
The whole process is free and easy
The entire process of getting a new PAN card has been made easy, free, and paperless. In this, you do not even need to upload any document on the portal. Keep in mind that this facility is for those people who have never been allotted PAN before, their mobile phone number is linked with the Aadhaar number and their complete date of birth is given on the Aadhaar card. Along with this, the facility of e-PAN is not for minors.
Presenting the budget last year (2021), Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the launch of a system for online issuance of PAN on an instant basis to ease the process of PAN allotment.