Two WhatsApp accounts on one Android phone : Except for premium smartphones like iPhone, Google Pixel, every smartphone sold in India is dual SIM feature. Now when you use a dual sim phone, you will probably be making phone calls from both your numbers. You will also be able to send messages from both numbers. By the way, normally you would not setup two WhatsApp accounts. But do you know that you can also setup two WhatsApp accounts and use both the accounts from the same phone?
If you have a question about setting up two WhatsApp accounts on the same phone, then this article will solve your dilemma. There are different ways to do this. Some smartphones have a dual account feature inbuilt. You may have to install a third-party app. But it’s very easy to use 2 WhatsApp accounts from Same Android phone. If you have an iPhone, you only have the option of having one account.
It is so clear that to use two WhatsApp on the same phone, you will need a phone with two sims. Because WhatsApp identifies you by phone number. Identity is established only through SMS or call, that is, a phone with two SIM cards is always needed. If you have dual sim phone then first of all check the settings. It’s possible that your smartphone company has already given you an option for Dual WhatsApp or Settings.
How to setup Dual WhatsApp
Many Chinese Mobile companies allow you to clone the apps that can be used in dual SIM setup Mode. For example, Honor’s EMUI skin has the feature of App Twin.
In Xiaomi phones like MI & Poco, it’s known as Dual Apps, Vivo calls it the App Clone and Oppo has named it the Clone App. The setup of every phone is slightly different.
In such a situation, you will want the turn information of your handset. If your phone does not have this feature, then you have another solution which we have mentioned at the end.
If you have Oppo, Xiaomi, Honor phones…
If you have a handset of any of these brands, then you have to follow a very simple process. First of all, you have to install WhatsApp on your phone through Google Play. After this you can clone this app from the phone’s settings.
Dual App Feature – Xiaomi phone/Oppo/Honor Phones
This is the detailed way to run two WhatsApp accounts on Xiaomi phone… (Oppo and Honor phones also have the same method)
- After installing WhatsApp, go to Settings.
- Tap on Dual Apps. It has got the name of App Twin in Honor’s phone and Clone App in Oppo.
- You will then be able to see the list of apps that work with this feature. A toggle is given on the side. Turn on the toggle next to the app you want to clone.
That’s all. You are ready to use two accounts. It is a little different in Vivo phones. First of all we will mention it. After this, we will tell you about setting up another WhatsApp account.
Use this method in Vivo phone…
- Go to Settings.
- Then scroll down and tap App Clone.
- Then enable the toggle of Display the Clone button.
- Now install WhatsApp on your phone through Google.
- When you long press on any app icon, you will see a small ‘x’ symbol to remove apps. But in select apps like WhatsApp, you will also see a small ‘+’ sign.
- Then clone WhatsApp by tapping on the + sign.
- Now you have two copies of WhatsApp account in your phone. After that you have to do this…
Setting up Dual WhatsApp
Setting up a second WhatsApp account is very easy, just like the first one. If you have any question in your mind then its answer will be found in the instructions given below.
- Launch another WhatsApp.
- On the next page, tap on Agree and Continue.
- After this, if you want, you can allow WhatsApp to access contacts and files. For this, you have to tap on Continue. If you want, you can also tap on Not now.
- Now you have to verify your phone number. This is the most important job. First of all enter the number which belongs to the second SIM card. If you enter the primary number, then the access of WhatsApp will only shift from one app to another.
- After typing the number, tap on Next. Then confirm the number and tap on OK.
- WhatsApp will now send a verification code to verify your number. If you have given permissions to the app, the message will be read automatically. If not, type the verification code. If you haven’t received the SMS, you can also tap on the call button displayed on the screen.
Done, Now your two WhatsApp accounts are ready to be used in your phone. You will be able to send and receive messages from both the numbers. Maybe you want to keep your professional and personal WhatsApp accounts separate.
You can also use the Twitter or Facebook app on your phone by following the above instructions.
If your mobile does not have app cloning facility?
If your phone doesn’t support app cloning, don’t worry. You can still use two WhatsApp accounts. For this also it is necessary to have a dual sim phone. We’ve looked at some of the most popular ways online. Parallel Space is a very effective app.
As the name, this app creates a parallel space in phone where apps can be installed. This is where the cloning of the app takes place. You can use this app like this…
- First of all install Parallel Space from Google Play Store.
- As soon as you open the app, it will take you to the clone app page.
- Then select all the apps that you want to clone. After that tap on Add to Parallel Space button.
- You will then be taken to the parallel space where the app runs on a virtual install on your phone.
- Now install WhatsApp by following the above instructions.
Done, Now you will be able to access other account through Parallel Space app. The app is free but comes with ads. You can get rid of advertising by taking a subscription.
Hope the above information will be useful for you to run two WhatsApp accounts on your phone.