International Yoga Day is celebrated every year on 21st June in the country and the world. Public programs are organized every year on a large scale.
However, due to the Corona epidemic, like last year, this year also more and more programs will be organized through digital, virtual and electronic platforms. Like every year, PM Narendra Modi will give his address with the aim of explaining the importance of yoga and making people aware about it.
To understand the special significance of this day, it is very important to know why and since when International Yoga Day is celebrated. Today we are going to tell you about both Yoga and International Yoga Day.
Yoga is from the Beginning of Human Civilization
According to the belief, Yoga is being done since the beginning of human civilization. The science of yoga originated thousands of years ago, long before the birth of religions or beliefs.
According to Yoga Vidya, Shiva is considered as the first Yogi or Adi Yogi and the first Guru or Adi Guru. Yoga is a Sanskrit word. According to its explanation given in the Rigveda, yoga is such a power by which we can unite our mind, brain and body.
Reason for Celebration Yoga Day on 21st June.
Let us tell you that on 11 December 2014, the United Nations General Assembly declared 21 June to be celebrated as International Yoga Day or World Yoga Day. After this, from the year 2015, this day was celebrated as International Yoga Day across the world.
June 21 is the longest day of the year and the sun stays on the earth for the longest time. It is believed that this is the main reason behind celebrating this day as International Yoga Day. Apart from this, June 21 is also the day of summer solstice in India.
Also Read – 21st June 2021 : The Longest Day of the Year, Meaning and Why ?
International Yoga Day was firstly celebrated in the 2015. After the announcement of celebrating Yoga Day by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Yoga Day was celebrated on Rajpath in the presence of 35 thousand people led by PM Modi.
Also Read – Father’s day 2021 : Why Father’s Day is celebrated, how it started
Every year there is a new theme
- International Yoga Day is organized every year on a new theme.
- Its theme in 2015 was ‘Yoga for Harmony and Peace’.
- In the year 2016, its theme was ‘Connect the youth’.
- After this, in 2017 ‘Yoga for Health’ was kept as its theme.
- It was organized in the year 2018 on the theme of ‘Yoga for Peace’.
- After this, in the year 2019, its theme was ‘Yoga for the Environment’, connecting the environment with yoga.
- Last year in 2020, due to the Corona epidemic, its theme was ‘Yoga for Health – Yoga from Home’. At the same time, the theme of International Yoga Day this year is ‘Yoga for Health’ (Yoga for Wellness).
- This year, the theme for the event is ‘Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family’
Also Read – How the misinformation on social media platforms is affecting us