MLA Full Form: All you need to Know About MLA: Do you want to know what is MLA’s full form, then in today’s article you will be given complete information about MLA’s full form.
In 2019, there has been a Lok Sabha election in which the election was held for MP, but today we will talk about the MLA who is elected in the Vidhan Sabha elections. So read this post till the end so that you can also understand what is the full form of MLA.
Read Also – EMI Full Form: All you need to know about EMI
MLA Full Form
The Full Form of MLA is Member of Legislative Assembly. MLA is a representative elected by the voters of a constituency to the legislature of the state government (Like UP, MP, Delhi, etc.) in India. The Members of Legislative Assembly (MLA) are elected by the people and elections are held every five years.
MLA has different responsibilities according to his position. Because along with being an MLA, he can also be a cabinet minister and CM.
Read Also – NOC Full Form: What is NOC?
Essential Qualification for MLA
There are some essential qualifications to become a member of the Legislative Assembly. Like a candidate must be an Indian citizen and not less than 25 years of age, he must be a voter of any constituency and he must not be insane or insolvent, Like any person who fulfills these criteria can contest the election for MLA.
In short, there are some basic criteria to become a Member of the Legislative Assembly [MLA] which are mentioned below
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- He must be at least 25 years of age.
- He must be a voter of any constituency.
- As you were told above that he should not be insane and even bankrupt.
Read Also – NCB Full Form: What is NCB?
Responsibilities of an MLA
- An MLA represents the grievances and aspirations of the people and takes them to the state government, so he is directly connected with the people.
- He has to use many legislative means for the benefit of the members of his constituency.
- MLA should take up the local issues of his constituency with the state government so that the solution to those problems can be found out together.
- He should properly use the Local Area Development (LAD) funds to develop his constituency and develop his constituency.
Read Also – NDA Full Form: All you need to know
Term of MLA
The term of the Legislative Assembly is for a full five years. However, it can be dissolved earlier by the Governor at the request of the Chief Minister. The term of the Legislative Assembly can also be extended during an Emergency. But not more than six months at a time.
Read Also – CV Full Form: Biodata vs CV vs Resume
Note: This post is only for informational purposes. Maybe Some data is changed by time or wrong. In this case, We are not responsible. So For better Knowledge of the MLA. Please Visit the Government Official Websites.